Friday 18 May 2012

More May Oath work in progress


It's like a George Lucas movie in here!
 Haven't had much time to paint or write this week, this is just a minor update of the figures I'm working on, as well as something different I'm working on. 


The truth is.. I am Iron Man.

I'm following the usual "inside out" painting method, so I started with the non-metallic metals, since they're the most "inside" layer of the Janissary. Unfortunately, the metals are also the most outer layer - the back vents and rifle.  So some care is needed.  I'm not completely happy with the NMM on the rifle, it needs a bit of touching up.

Leg it!

Next was the dark grey.  I've got a very specific color scheme for different types of armour - orange is for hard surfaces like the Janissary's powered armor, dark grey is for softer surfaces like flexible under-armour or the Ghulams' vests, and yellow is for normal cloth.  The Bashi Bazook has an armour value of 2 (which is pretty good), so his vest is a mix of hard plates and softer panels.

I keep the grey quite dark to avoid it looking too much like the metallic surfaces. Codex grey is the top highlight, and I try to focus on dark shading with extremely watered down black paint.

The drone is still looking drone-y.  He needs highlighting on the armor and light blue eyes to up the contrast.

Somebody needs a bath!

Finally, something I've been working on for this month's Diablo based special challenge.  I'm turning a Horror of Tzeench into a Lava Imp. I don't know if Lava Imps are a thing in Diablo, but neither do I care.  Hopefully the finished product will look slightly better than these WIP photos suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment